Everything You Need to Know About Dental Extractions in Frisco, TX
Have you been experiencing a toothache that’s getting a little bit worse with each passing day? Are you starting to wonder whether or not it needs to be extracted, but have questions about the dental extraction process? If so, Promont Dental Design answers provide the following information about dental extractions in Frisco.
Most Common Reasons for a Tooth Extraction
Although the reasons to have a tooth extracted are varied by each patient, following are some of the most common causes – and you may be surprised to read that it’s not always because of a toothache in Frisco!
- The tooth has been damaged from injury or trauma and can not be repaired using restorative dentistry
- A cavity has become so large that it can not be filled without compromising the strength of the tooth
- Gum disease has become so advanced that the bone supporting the tooth has become too weak to sustain it
- Overcrowding of teeth to make room for orthodontic treatment, dental implant treatment, or denture treatment
- In the case of a wisdom tooth, it has become impacted or infected
Not All Extractions Involve Dental Surgery
There are two types of dental extractions that can be performed – a simple extraction and a surgical extraction — and each will depend on the patient’s individual requirements. The average recovery period for a simple tooth extraction is usually no more than about 48 hours. Surgical tooth extractions are more intricately involved which means the recovery period can sometimes be a little longer. In both cases, however, Promont Dental Design will provide you with a complete list of post-procedure instructions for at-home care.
Still Feeling a Little Nervous?
No one likes the idea of having a tooth pulled, but the trusted team at Promont Dental Design strive to make each procedure painless. If you’re still feeling anxious about the dental extraction process, we encourage you to contact our dental care team to discuss sedation methods for an anxiety-free extraction procedure.
Comfort, Convenience, and Technology
Using the most advanced dental equipment available, our centrally located Frisco dentist office is committed to delivering oral health care in the most comfortable and convenient setting to restore your smile. Contact our office now to get started!